Rock Hard Writers Forum Index

Rock Hard Writers
Here is where writers of any caliber put their heart in their words.
Portal  |  Blog  |  Album  |  Guestbook  |  FlashChat  |  Statistics  |  Links  |  Calendar  |   Downloads  |   Comments to your karma  |  Toplist  |  Recent topics  |  Voting forum

The Clocktower - Eclipse I
Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 14, 15, 16  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rock Hard Writers Forum Index -> Role Playing Zone

Spitfire

Part-Time Writer
Part-Time Writer

ireland
Nick finally snapped back to reality, sitting upright and panting heavily, before wincing under the bright lights.
He looked around at the rest of the group.
'What the hell just happened?' He inquired, grumpily.

Adv

Anonymous

"I should be able to," Randy nodded wearily to Lamark, "It'll strain her arms though, considering I'd have to be pulling her entire weight by her wrists... but yeah, I can do it." Taking a knee next Amanita, he looked to Nick as he proceeded, "...You didn't miss much...but it seems like Amanita's getting worse...we need to get her to help as soon as possible. Lamark, are there any vehicles in this place? Honestly, if it gets her to the scientists faster, I wouldn't mind if a few other people and I had to wait for you to make two trips."
Spitfire

Part-Time Writer
Part-Time Writer

ireland
'I sincerely doubt that' Joyce grumbled, getting to his feet. He stumbled slightly and shifted about woozily, finding it hard to get himself steady. When he finally did he looked around at the rest of the group.

Confident they were all accounted for, he turned to Lamark.

'Yeah, vehicles would be nice. I don't know how I'd last a big trek.'

Grandmaster Shaq

Master
Master

Admin

Location: Between Color and Noir, Right and Wrong, Life and Death
Interests: EVERYTHING

usa
"Actually, if you give me directions, I could probably fly her there," Masque suggested. "It would be quicker, and you all could get vehicles and work on other problems..." Masque hinted to Lamark. Though it made sense, it would also serve to begin searching for his masks. He could look while helping Amanita, unrestricted by only protecting one person, and the others would have enough to cover a larger area. "It also saves time, and we don't know how much we have."
Lancer

Expert
Expert

Interests: Animating Writing Theatre Music Composition

NULL
"Hm. I'll see what I can do with vehicles." Lamark motioned to follow him up the brown-yellow bronze ramp. "Come with me. Masque, carry Amanita." He said. The town of arx rotated as he slowly walked along its perimeter. Every time, it seemed, he would stumble on a new shop, or a new hole. Surprisingly, the small town might be the most versatile in terms of commerce. "Now, the place I'm looking for should be around here..." Lamark had been walking for a considerable length of time now, and they were about 50 feet from the top of the plateau. The sunbeams pounded unrelentingly on the city, giving off a tinted rusty light from below.
A messy doorway, piles of sheet metal, and a sign saying "The Rusty Drunk" hung to the side. It seemed like a hole about 10 feet wide exploded and made a messy cave. The inside seemed extremely dark, as it blocked out the sunlight. Only a few dim lightbulbs were inside that Lamark could see.
"Hello?" Lamark called casually.
"Jus' a second!" An eager, slightly older, and somewhat wily voice responded after about 5 seconds.
"Oh. um, guys." Lamark spread his arms out and took a step to the side. "Get back." he warned the others.
Behind the clatter of the town, he could feel and hear the soft rumbles of an engine.

Part-Time Writer
Part-Time Writer

ireland
'What the hell!?' Nick grumbled seeing Lamark step back in preparation for something.
He instinctively drew his gun.

Kyra

Master
Master

Interests: Animating, Writing, Trumpet.

usa
Fay kept to Randy's side the entire time during the conversation and the walk over to the shop. She heard the rumbling of an engine and the pulse like effect it had on her feet. She positioned herself behind the armless man in fear of what was about to exit the shop.

Olivia, despite wanting to wander off again, was drunk enough to actually feel like staying with the group. She heard the air vibrating around them as some kind of vehicle was turned on. She glanced over at Nick as he pulled out a gun in anticipation and tensed up. She laughed aloud, "What's the matter? Scared of a bunch of metal?" She questioned with a perked up grin, not taking notice to her sister as she scanned the rest of the group. "They don't seem that worried, I don't think you should be either. I don't want to be teamed up with one of those paranoid shits who think the world is conspiring against them."

"It's the loneliest feeling in the world - to find yourself standing up when everyone else is sitting down. To have everybody look at you and say 'What's wrong with her?' I know what it feels like. Walking down an empty street, listening to the sound of your own footsteps. Shutters closed, blinds drawn, doors locked against you. And you aren't sure whether you're walking toward something, or if you're just walking away."

wRHG Character Kyra:
Only registered users can see links on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!

DeviantART:
Grandmaster Shaq

Master
Master

Admin

usa
Masque held Amanita in his arms, careful not to touch skin. He looked outwards with mild interest. It was lucky that getting a vehicle had been so simple. At least the other team would have a pretty good chance at getting things done quicker and in better condition. Still, it would be a bit more difficult with his situation. He didn't voice his concerns though, because he would look selfish and he didn't know the situation enough to say such a thing. Besides, wasting more time with discussion would be counter productive.

When the guy pulled out a gun and was reprimanded by Olivia, Masque shrugged it off. He didn't exactly like either, and the conflict wasn't too serious. He made sure his mask was on correct, and that his power was working right. No need being frugal with it when you're not even sure if you'll he able to keep it. Besides, it would probably be easiest to stop a fight with a small whirlwind rather than actually getting involved.

Last edited by Grandmaster Shaq on 05 Oct 2012 11:55:40; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Randy craned his neck to the side a few times to indicate the others to move out of the way of the cave. Being used to hearing choppers landing mere yards from him, he wasn't phased by the noise. "It's just big and needs space," He smiled to Fay, strafing out of the way slow enough so she could keep in step if she wanted, "It's nothing to worry about, and I doubt the mechanic is either. He sounds like more of a merry drunk!" Gradually turning to Nick, he added, "And you should probably lower the gun. It wouldn't give the kind of first impression we should be shooting for!"
Lancer

Expert
Expert

NULL
The rumbling noise now could be felt through Lamark's feet. It was definitely something alright. "I wonder what he made now." A few loose nuts rattled impatiently on the ground, clattering as Lamark felt anticipation and force push itself from out of the door way.
"YEEEEE HAAWW!" A voice shrieked as a plume of thick smoke and dust seemingly exploded from the doorway. Lamark stumbled back slightly, covering his eyes as some smoke crept towards the group. "Heya, Stan"
"Welll! Looks like you got some fine company there!" A wily voice, thick with a southern accent, spoke from the cloud. "Aw hell. Gimme a sec, will ya?" He muttered to himself. A few clicks and snaps later, the cloud of dust rose violently, revealing an interesting machine. It sputtered occasionally, but aside from the rust on the edges, it was a work of art. A huge propeller on top, and on the sides of the transportation vehicle kept it aloft while a small jet moved it forward. The Bronze frame gleamed and seemingly complemented the black-brown leather tightly woven into comfortable seats for around 7 people increasing the shine and brilliance of both. It curved around to form a circle joined together with a few other circles.
"You always seem to come up with the best stuff in time, huh, Stan?" Lamark grinned. He could always trust on this mildly insane mechanic to build things taht seemed to fit his bill.
Stan's purple eyes sparkled like lightning in a thunderstorm. "Yeah, and you always seem to be here with the right amount of people to test my damn stuff! So C'mon in!" He grinned, his aviation goggles making him look like some sort of lanky insect. The interesting marvel slowly lowered itself to the edge of the rail. Stan tossed a rope out to Lamark. "Now hold on, I'll let you get in first. Once you hold these controls, Imma get out." He giggled a little bit. "I don't wanna be dyin from yer crummy driving." He added. Lamark scoffed playfully and took the rope. After tying it to the rail, Lamark got on top of the rail and jumped onto the vehicle. Below him, an 100 foot ravine below, made of metal. But that wasn't a problem for him. It wasn't small, but it was still homey. "Masque, come in here so you can help us get the rest in." Lamark slid to the drivers seat where Stan spun out. Stan vaulted himself to the ledge and looked straight at Fay. "Weeeeell!" He whistled. "You got some mighty fine company there!" He laughed and pat Fay on the shoulders.

Part-Time Writer
Part-Time Writer

ireland
Nick grumbled at the stranger and hesitantly placed the gun back into his jacket, eying the figure suspiciously. The "Stan" character seemed somewhat irritating to Joyce already.

Grandmaster Shaq

Master
Master

Admin

usa
Masque rolled his eyes and helped Amanita onto the vehicle. He said nothing towards the design, because mechanics weren't his thing. Still, he was wary of how it bumped a little on entry. He also worried about the drop, seeing as how one of their members had no arms, and another was still drunk. "Are you sure this is the best idea?" he questioned simply enough. All he needed was an affirmative to motivate him. Lamark was the best he could consider to be an authority here, so his approval meant the most when it came to decisions such as these.
Kyra

Master
Master

Interests: Animating, Writing, Trumpet.

usa
Fay smiled sheepishly at the new rather loud man, holding in a squeak as he patted her shoulder. She half-heartedly waved to the southern speaking man and managed a few words to the stranger. "I'm glad I could be a good company."

Oliva rolled her eyes as she gazed from the vehicle to its owner. Some hillbilly sounding dope was trying to compliment her sister, she chuckled to herself at the thought of that going horribly wrong on Fay's end. In the meanwhile, she turned her flushed face towards the others in the group and motioned to the vehicle. "I don't know about you guys. But I'm in, let's get this show on the road...clouds...air...whatever. I'm not scared of heights."

"B-But I am..."
"No one cares, Fay. Get in."

"It's the loneliest feeling in the world - to find yourself standing up when everyone else is sitting down. To have everybody look at you and say 'What's wrong with her?' I know what it feels like. Walking down an empty street, listening to the sound of your own footsteps. Shutters closed, blinds drawn, doors locked against you. And you aren't sure whether you're walking toward something, or if you're just walking away."

wRHG Character Kyra:

DeviantART:
Anonymous

"There's nothing wrong with being afraid of heights," Randy assured Fay, gently ushering her onward by twisting his neck to the vehicle, "There aren't many phobias as common as that, and honestly, I was petrified the first time I got in a chopper. I was scared out of my mind that something would happen and I'd fall out, but the people there promised me that everything would be okay. They told me that it was safe and that I wouldn't fall, and that they'd catch me even if I did. It took a while, but I eventually went on, and I eventually got used to it. It's a hard thing to overcome, but Fay," Slowly, a warms smile stretched across his face, "The magical view you get seeing the world unfold below you makes it far beyond worth it!"
Lancer

Expert
Expert

NULL
"We're all here for eachother. And I trust stan's inventions. If they break, then they break for a reason. He's a prophet of sorts." Lamark held his free hand out for any one of them to get in.

The Clocktower - Eclipse I