Rock Hard Writers Forum Index

Rock Hard Writers
Here is where writers of any caliber put their heart in their words.
Portal  |  Blog  |  Album  |  Guestbook  |  FlashChat  |  Statistics  |  Links  |  Calendar  |   Downloads  |   Comments to your karma  |  Toplist  |  Recent topics  |  Voting forum

The Clocktower - Eclipse I
Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rock Hard Writers Forum Index -> Role Playing Zone

Kyra

Master
Master

Interests: Animating, Writing, Trumpet.

usa
"So th-they CAN break!" Fay squeaked, avoiding Lamark's hand like it was the plague before she positioned herself behind Randy again.

"Relax, Fay." Olivia growled, crossing her arms as she took Lamark's hand and was hoisted up into the vehicle. Still drunk, she staggered a bit to regain her balance from the lift, but eventually found a seat inside and took the one near the back. She placed her hands to the back of her head and leaned backwards in the chair, awaiting the others to follow along.

"It's the loneliest feeling in the world - to find yourself standing up when everyone else is sitting down. To have everybody look at you and say 'What's wrong with her?' I know what it feels like. Walking down an empty street, listening to the sound of your own footsteps. Shutters closed, blinds drawn, doors locked against you. And you aren't sure whether you're walking toward something, or if you're just walking away."

wRHG Character Kyra:
Only registered users can see links on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!

DeviantART:
Adv

Spitfire

Part-Time Writer
Part-Time Writer

ireland
The sight of Fay hiding behind Randy actually brought a small smile at the cuteness of it to Nick's face, but he quickly extinguished it.
He walked up from the back and said loudly;
'You sure there will be room for everyone?'

Lancer

Expert
Expert

Interests: Animating Writing Theatre Music Composition

NULL
"Well if I didn't have any spots fer ya then I wouldn't have built it, now would I?" Stan wheezed and laughed with a slight hint of hysteria. "I got the perfect amount o' seats there can be for y'all! Ride safe now!" He quickly began to usher the rest on the platform, Waving his arms as if he were shooing them away. "Have fun wit yer jerny!" He hollered, and shambled back into his workshop.

Master
Master

usa
"Yeah yeah yeah, fun journey, perfect seats." Olivia grumbled, giving a single wave to Stan before leaning further back in her seat. After a while, agitation danced in her eye. "Are you guys coming or what? You people are slower than my mother, and she gets even more drunk than I do!"

Fay paused, trying to imagine the faint memories of her mother, then took a moment to try and fathom the idea of someone being more drunk than Olivia during her 'rough nights'. With an audible gulp, Fay finally climbed into the ship and shrunk down into a seat near the center so she wouldn't have to look out the windows.

"It's the loneliest feeling in the world - to find yourself standing up when everyone else is sitting down. To have everybody look at you and say 'What's wrong with her?' I know what it feels like. Walking down an empty street, listening to the sound of your own footsteps. Shutters closed, blinds drawn, doors locked against you. And you aren't sure whether you're walking toward something, or if you're just walking away."

wRHG Character Kyra:

DeviantART:
Anonymous

"Heh, I'm not so sure if being drunk is a good reference point for speed," Randy chuckled, having to take a few steps back and leap to make it on the vehicle, "At least as far as relationships go anyway! I've seen a couple friends propose to complete strangers though their beer goggles! They were promptly rejected. It was actually kinda funny, because they were SURE it was going to work!"
Lancer

Expert
Expert

NULL
Well, at least they were getting more along than they started out. Everyone was in, and the strange transportation vehicle seemed to take note. It began to hum louder, and Lamark felt wind wrap around his face. Glancing up at the open sky, he grinned. It's been awhile since his last adventure. And he had a good feeling, although he was scared.
"Alright! We're off!" Lamark yelled over the roaring of the engine, the clattering of people in Arx, and the wind passing his ears. He faintly heard Stan yell. "Don't Fergit Yer stuff! Have fun now!"
The vehicle rose in a strange manner, as if it were going to spin and capsize. But it held in a strange, balanced manner, shifting side to side as if it were a pirate ship ride at the amusement park.
"Whoa there." Lamark remarked, settling into the controls. They weren't bad at all.
By now, they were a few hundred feet above the plateau. It had risen a considerable amount. "Well. Let's be off." Lamark hesitated slightly, but pulled down one lever slightly. With a sudden lurch, he realized that the environment had began to distort, and everything suddenly blurred past him. It was strange. He felt no air pass him, or his eyes squint. His hair flew back, but that was it. "Nice machine. Negates physics effects that might change the piloting habits."

Suddenly, everything stopped.

Or, it seemed like it. Sound dissapeared. Lamark looked around in confusion. Hey, do you know what's up? He tried to speak, but nothing came out. What... The machine was still working. They were still flying, and for the most part, they weren't slowing down.

They had entered an altered zone of the ClockTower.

Master
Master

usa
Fay probably would have asked about the machine to get her mind off of their elevation in comparison to the ground. But when seeing no noise came out when she tried, she immedately opened her mouth and let out a silent cry in fright. Her lips moved frantically as panic began to set in.

'What's going on? My voice is broken! Or maybe I went deaf...Oh no!'

Olivia, given she couldn't hear Fay didn't notice her panicing and kept her gaze outside one of the windows in the vehicle. She noticed it suddenly got quiet, but made no comment. Perhaps everyone finally decided to shut up for three seconds. At least it gave her a few grace moments to think.

wRHG Character Kyra:

DeviantART:
Shadowkirby

Apprentice
Apprentice

usa
Everything seems silent for Amanita as she slowly regains consciousness, she couldn't hear any noises, nor voices of her comrades, everything is in unbroken silence. Unaware of what's going on, she tries to sit up.

"What's... going on...?"

She spoke out, but no voice, she can't hear herself as she spoke.
Grandmaster Shaq

Master
Master

Admin

Location: Between Color and Noir, Right and Wrong, Life and Death
Interests: EVERYTHING

usa
Masque noticed Amanita waking in his arms and sitting up. He had already figured that sound had left, so he just nudged her carefully and mouthed the words "Stay calm." His mind drifted to trying to figure what to do if they were forced to stay here. The lack of noise easily allowed thoughts. For some reason though, he felt his thoughts drift away from his situation towards his past. An uneasiness settled over him.
Shadowkirby

Apprentice
Apprentice

usa
Everything seems so sudden at the point, she doesn't remember what happened or even know what's going on. Amanita's confused as ever, seeing everything slow down as if time just melted and there's no sound to behold. She wonders if she's already dead, or it's another nightmare she's dreaming about.
Lancer

Expert
Expert

NULL
Lamark looked around uncertainly. Everyone seemed to manage this situation relatively calmly, and they were still flying. He wanted to try one more test. Keeping a hand on the wheel, he lifted his right arm and primed his gauntlet. It responded with a purple glow, whirring into life like it usually would. His abilities seemed to work. He raised his eyebrows at the others. They should check their abilities.

The Clocktower - Eclipse I