Rock Hard Writers Forum Index

Rock Hard Writers
Here is where writers of any caliber put their heart in their words.
Portal  |  Blog  |  Album  |  Guestbook  |  FlashChat  |  Statistics  |  Links  |  Calendar  |   Downloads  |   Comments to your karma  |  Toplist  |  Recent topics  |  Voting forum

Age of Battle: Dreams of Death RPG Zone
Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rock Hard Writers Forum Index -> Role Playing Zone

Zenevas

Apprentice
Apprentice

Interests: Fantasy

philippines
Suddenly a woman with raven hair and a simple green dress sat beside Nevaki. With cool green eyes she assessed both him and Breonna. And the shadow-girl of course. "The two of you seem to be capable people. Adventuring together?" she asked. Without ado, she slipped out a satchel bulging with coin from her purse. "If you two are, I need something done. I'm Medea, Medea Lashreat. Two people can pull off what I have to get done." She brushed her green dress fastidiously, a glass ring flashing on her finger, the sign of a sorceress from the college.
Adv

Kyra

Master
Master

Interests: Animating, Writing, Trumpet.

usa
Breonna had begun to answer Nevaki's questions, in a slightly lighter tone, she spotted another woman approaching the table and sighed. So much for trying not to be noticed.

The two of you seem to be capable people. Adventuring together?

Breonna looked from the jade eyed woman back to Nevaki and back again. "No, we've just met." When hearing about a task being done, Breonna raised an eyebrow while her sister raised an ear. "Can it be done in one night? I have some of my own adventuring to do tomorrow morning." Sorceress or not, and bag of coins or not, Breonna wasn't going to go back on her promise to save that poor man's beloved. At least he was going to be given a chance to save his love. Breonna could only save one member of her family.
Anonymous

Nevaki was silent for a moment before looking from one woman to the other. Although he hadn't pegged Breonna to be an adventurer, it made sense that whatever happened to her and her sister could veer her in that direction.

Slowly, his eyes drew back to the sorceress, without even looking at the coins as if he didn't even acknowledge their existence. "You're being a bit bare on the details," He informed her, "I'd like to know what I'm agreeing to before I accept. What needs to be done, and why are two people required?"
Zenevas

Apprentice
Apprentice

philippines
The woman smiled, and for a moment she looked vicious. "I am a librarian, and an antiquarian. Recently I have heard rumors and reports about a dangerous artifact known the Womb of Unliving Flesh. If this artifact falls into the wrong hands, it could be used to create a horde of undead. Right now its hidden and gathering dust in an old castle north of the kingdom, Castle Bloodstone. But the castle is far from empty, a pack of ghouls has infested it. But two people can fight the pack and get it to me before it could be found by viler men." she paused and looked at them. "If you accept, just say so. If not, I can always find other people. But I'm telling you, that thing is dangerous."
Kyra

Master
Master

usa
Breonna crossed her arms and shook her head. "I already dedicated myself to another man looking for his lost wife. I find it strange both of your stories have these undead and ghouls involved. But I will not go back on my commitment. You will have to find yourself another person to help you."

The sound of this mission seemed to excite the young shadow, and she seemingly glared at her elder sister when she refused the mission. Breonna snapped right back at her. "Don't you dare try to talk me into this mission, not only do we have a promise to keep to but it's dangerous and I don't need you getting hurt! Because you know you still can even in your current form."

The shadow girl eventually hung her head, but punched her sister's shoulder before sinking back into the floor. Bronna turned back to the sorcerer. "I'm sorry, but my answer is no."

"It's the loneliest feeling in the world - to find yourself standing up when everyone else is sitting down. To have everybody look at you and say 'What's wrong with her?' I know what it feels like. Walking down an empty street, listening to the sound of your own footsteps. Shutters closed, blinds drawn, doors locked against you. And you aren't sure whether you're walking toward something, or if you're just walking away."

wRHG Character Kyra:
Only registered users can see links on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!

DeviantART:
Anonymous

About half of the reason that Breonna was able to respond first was because Nevaki was too busy staring blankly at Medea. One would think that with a job of such critical importance, she would have a trusted group of companions complete it, or a team of guards. Not just any old pair of mercenaries. One of them could be one of the 'viler men' that shouldn't lay a hand on the artifact. Like a serial killing assassin. Like Nevaki, whether or not he had changed.

Eventually, he pulled his eyes off of the woman and turned them to his ale. Following a long swig, he finally spoke up. "I'm in."
Zenevas

Apprentice
Apprentice

philippines
Medea smiled at Nevaki but frowned at Breonna and her sister. She eyed the other woman and muttered under her breath, "Mages." She turned to Nevaki, "Meet me tomorrow at dawn at the Harada, I will bring you a horse if you need one. The Light shine on your mission, mage." She strode off just as Lisette fished a bell from under the bar and rang it while yelling "Last call! Last call!"
Anonymous

After first downing the last of his ale, Nevaki pushed himself to his feet and eyed Breonna and her shadow. "What'd you make of that?" He inquired to them, having yet to get over the lack of cautions Medea went to in her efforts to gain the help a couple people. Was it just her being careless or was there motive to her madness?

"I don't know about you, but my gut's telling me there's something up with that woman."
Kyra

Master
Master

usa
"It's not my say, since it's no longer any of my business." Breonna replied simply, ordering a bottle of the inn's strongest rum before the bartender started packing up to leave for the night. "Like I said, I have other plans that also seem a bit less...suspicious than that which was asked of me only a few minutes ago." She continued, opening the bottle with her teeth as her sister cocked her head, seeing the drink. "You know you're too young Yllathyra, it helps me sleep. Speaking of which, I should head off to bed myself. I'm going to need rest if I wish to aid my 'client' tomorrow."

Breonna stood from her seat, Yllathyra melting back into the floor and mimicking her movements as she did so. Both waved at Nevaki before purchasing a room and pacing upstairs, Breonna beginning to sip from her rum on the way up.

I'll probably buy more tomorrow before I leave, this will have been the first decent nights rest I've had in a while.

"It's the loneliest feeling in the world - to find yourself standing up when everyone else is sitting down. To have everybody look at you and say 'What's wrong with her?' I know what it feels like. Walking down an empty street, listening to the sound of your own footsteps. Shutters closed, blinds drawn, doors locked against you. And you aren't sure whether you're walking toward something, or if you're just walking away."

wRHG Character Kyra:

DeviantART:
Anonymous

Nevaki waved back before departing the Dancing Horse, left alone with his thoughts as he strode home. Because Breonna and her shadow were staying out of it because it wasn't 'their business,' it egged on his own suspicions of Medea. Perhaps the sorceress didn't plan on success. Perhaps she planned on only wanted the path cleared for her so she could get in relatively easily. In any case however, Nevaki knew he'd have a lot to sleep on as he twisted his doorknob and pulled it open.
Zenevas

Apprentice
Apprentice

philippines
(Since everyone is going to sleep already,might as well speed time.)

Long before the sun truly rose and lit the sky a pale golden red, the city of Baardos was already busy. Fishermen anchored their boats and ships at the docks, soldiers changed shifts on the walls of the citadel and slavers drove their merchandise to their cells. And in secret places, creatures crawled back into their dark hiding places, fleeing before the sunlight could find them.

At the Dancing Horse, Lisette already commanded the staff to prepare breakfast for the guests and for the bar to be wiped again and the trays of food carried up to the rooms. Lisette peered out the door of the Inn and waved good morning to Crazy Tabetha, who seemed to be expecting someone as she opened her shop.

(To Kyra)
A serving woman knocked outside the sisters' door, two trays balanced precariously on her head and left hand. "Mistresses? I have brought you your breakfasts: poached eggs, bacon, fried tomatoes and freshly toasted bread. And milk and juice." She knocked again.

(To Necrothing)
The serving woman tucked her hair under her cap before knocking on the door. "Breakfast sir, bacon and porridge with toast and eggs." As custom of the Inn, she knocked twice. She peaked at the window down the hall. Dawn was still thirty minutes off.

(To Crank)
Medea tossed her hair and pulled her cloak closer around her reined in the two horses that snorted and stamped beside her. Strapped to her back was a vine carved staff and a pack full of rope, rations, lamp and lamp oil and other necessities. She waited.
Necrothing

Expert
Expert

Interests: I like trains.

portugal
Dewregar woke up at the sound of someone knocking. "Huh, what was that?". He lifted his head and lazily turned to face the door. The smell of freshly cooked bacon filled his nostrils, and mind too, as he quickly got up to put on his boots while yelling "Come in!".
The door opened, and in came a woman holding a tray covered with delicious-looking food. "Ah yes, ye can just leave it anywhere, thank you." Dewregar hastily said, while struggling to put his left boot on. The woman laid the tray on the table, and walked back out, closing the door behind her. Dewregar, still struggling with his left boot, could hear nothing but his stomach grumbling. Finally, he got the boot on, and pulled out a chair by the food. While gorging down his meal, he noticed a paper near the tray. Taking a closer look, he found the paper to be covered in strange symbols, "What an odd-looking paper" he thought, while finishing the last bit of eggs. "Now... what was I going to do again? Blast, I must have had a lot o' drinking done yesterday. I feel it had sometin' to do with this here paper, better bring it along." Dewregar thought, as he slipped the note inside his pocket.

After heading downstairs he noticed a familiar face looking at him from the window. "Barnaby, ye ol' bastard!". He rushed outside to greet his friend. "Did ye spend the night well? Here, let's take that rope off ye". Dewregar untied the animal, and hopped onto his back. "Let's go Barnaby, I still need to find what I was doin'".
Before they left the entrance, however, the dwarf spotted a peculiar woman looking at him from inside a shop. "What in blazes? Why is that woman staring at me?". Taking a closer look at the shop she was in, he could read in a wooden sign the name 'Tabetha'. "Tabetha.. that sounds familiar.." Dewregar thought, while slowly making his way across the street. "Tabetha.. Bloody hell! The note! That's what I was doin'!". As he remembered his task, he turned around and rode to the shop. "Ye'll have to stay here for a second, ok Barnaby?". He got onto his foot and slowly opened the door, "Oi, may I come in?"

Master
Master

usa
The faint thudding noise of her inn room's door awoke the shadow girl before her grumbling half drunken sister, who tossed a bit but made no other signs of waking up. Yllathyra materialized into her solid form with a huff and paced to the door, opening it with an invisable smile. She took both plates from the serving woman giving a polite thanks before the child slipped back into her room.

Yllathyra made sure she ate first before trudging over to her sister and nudging, eventually shaking Breonna awake. The elder sister sat up with a violent gasp, wiping the sweat from her brow before collecting herself and began to scarf down her food. "Get ready to go, we still have to meet that man by the gates." After a long moment of silence, Breonna looked over when seeing Yllathyra flat on the wall in her own form. "Right...if I'm ready, you are too."
With a light sigh, Breonna finished up the last of her eggs before standing and walking out of the room with her shadow following in perfect unison. After purchasing two more bottles of rum, Breonna and the shadow girl exited the inn and began making their way to the gates.

wRHG Character Kyra:

DeviantART:
Zenevas

Apprentice
Apprentice

philippines
(To Necrothing)

To say Tabetha was "Crazy" would do her no justice. She seemed to be no older than thirty, but her floor length hair was all white and it was held up by a large and ornate framework made of black metal. Dangling from her hair were all sorts of objects: Keys, ledgers, satchels of money and items, a glowing sheathed dagger and eyes floating in a jar were just some of the things tied in her hair. She wore a gown sewn with little mirrors all over, so that she sparkled when light hit her. Presently, she eyed Dewregar warily, her large brown eyes narrowing at the sight of the dwarf. "Yes you may come in," she said in a voice like crystal chimes. She entered the shop itself, which was surprisingly neat, with only a single table in the middle with various shelves and racks lining the walls.

(To Kyra)

Nathrim was already there, his eyes wide with delight at the prospect of Breonna's help. He had two horses, both mares, one jet black and chubby, the other brown and sturdy. He had an iron short sword tucked into his saddle and supplies in his saddle bag. He beamed when he spotted the sisters. "Oh thank you!" He nearly yelled when she was close enough. He handed her the reins of the black mare before clambering up the brown. "We shan't be going far, maybe just eight hours away to reach the ghouls' lair, an old keep called Castle Bloodstone."
Kyra

Master
Master

usa
Breonna managed a small smile back when seeing Nathrim, her sister ecstatically waving hello when seeing the familiar face. When hearing of the location and how far it would be of a trip, Breonna nodded. "I have enough food and drink for three to four days, in case we get sidetracked or find any others still alive." Breonna said with a hint of pride, for once she was prepared for something.

"Do you mind giving me more information on the lair while we ride? I'd like to know as much as I can about what I'll be dealing with and under what conditions." The elder sister replied, climbing into the saddle of her horse as Yllathyra materialized beside her sister and began fumbling with the mane on their horse. She must have found it interesting to find something as pitch black as herself.

Age of Battle: Dreams of Death RPG Zone