Rock Hard Writers Forum Index

Rock Hard Writers
Here is where writers of any caliber put their heart in their words.
Portal  |  Blog  |  Album  |  Guestbook  |  FlashChat  |  Statistics  |  Links  |  Calendar  |   Downloads  |   Comments to your karma  |  Toplist  |  Recent topics  |  Voting forum

The Clocktower - Eclipse I
Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rock Hard Writers Forum Index -> Role Playing Zone

Shadowkirby

Apprentice
Apprentice

usa
Amanita Foxglove stepped into the doorway and emerged into a parallel world. Everything is different from her world; the gears and cogs are on the edged of the landscape, the grass is red, which is unusual unless she's in some barren wasteland. She looked around and wander the field of red.

"Where... the Hell... am I?"

Amanita turns to get out until she sees the door slam and vanishes in front of her eyes.

"Nononononnono NO!!!!"

She runs to the spot where the door once stand and frantically searched around. She then starts coughing violently due to her illness, three hard coughs that brings her to her knees.

"W-what.... what's going on?"

She raises her head and yelled out,

"WHERE THE HELL AM I!?!?"

Get registred or enter the forums!
Adv

Spitfire

Part-Time Writer
Part-Time Writer

ireland
He fell to one knee as he struggled to continue. He coughed up a splatter of blood before gaining his feet once again to try and get help.
Any help.

He held off the bleeding by pressing down on the wound with his left hand as he trudged through the cold snow, the white mingling with his blood as he attempted to keep going, the feeling of his crimson life flowing down his fingertips from his waist was enough to make him sob.

He dropped again and gave out a shout of frustration as he made his way, dragging himself along the cold snow, the frost biting his limbs as he went, his entire jacket smothered in ice and gore, a gruesome mix.
The car crash sat majestically behind him as he got to his feet and stumbled forwards in an attempt to get back to the road.
He fell again with a pathetic poof, sloshing into the chilly embrace of the drifts.
He stopped, face down in the white, contemplating his fate.
He thought about ending his life, then and there. He had a gun and a knife, even if they were tucked into his clothing.

Then he heard it. In the dead of night he heard it.
It was a soft groaning clank that emanated from above. He fumbled with his cold hands and raised his head off the ground.
The door stood there, as if it had always been there.
Despite his situation, he couldn't help laughing.
It was long and psychotic and seemed out of place, but he found it hilarious. His echoing chuckles were all that lit up the darkness.
It was a door. The afterlife was through a door. He was dead so he was going through a door.

He found it hilarious as he stood up, barely capable of staying on his feet, and stared at it as it stood there, with no visible means of being where it was.
He attempted to walk. One foot. The next. Smiling to himself as he realized that there must be an afterlife.
Suddenly, he tripped and stumbled forward, colliding with the door and opening it at the same time.

He fell through time and space itself and groped for a hand hold, something to steady himself with.
He fell flat on his face in a grassy plain, but there was something very, very odd about it.
The door swung shut with a clank behind him.

Nick "The Stranger" Joyce lay there, wondering.

Kyra

Master
Master

Interests: Animating, Writing, Trumpet.

usa
"Fay...what. did. you. DO?!" Olivia stated as loud as she could, but given her hangover, was just a few decibels over a whisper as she woke up to nothing but a strange red plains biome and the lavender curtain that covered the sky above them. Her bewilderment grew as she stumbled to her feet and could literally see NOTHING across the horizon.

Her younger sister trembled on the spot and put her hands over her head, as if expecting to be hit. She spoke so quickly and in a panicked matter, so it was almost like her words blended together in an attempt to get her reply over with. "I didn't mean to! You took me to the bar and had all those really strange drinks and you got all loopy and told me to carry you home and some weird guys came out from the alleyways and chased me into a really weird door and I tried to get back out but the door disappeared and now we're stuck here and I've never been in a desert before and I don't know how to deal with thi-!" The young woman whimpered as her elder sister shot her a glare that instantly shut her mouth.

"First off, shut up." Olivia began, reaching into her bag for a bottle of vodka. Because in her mind, the cure for a hangover was more *******. She took a gulp of the vile fluid before continuing. "Second off. Where was this door?"

"It was just standing there in the middle of nowhere and I know doors aren't supposed to do that! I didn't know what to do, but the scary men kept following me and I didn't know how to deal with them!"

"So you just...walked into this door?"
"Yeah..."
"No idea where it was going to lead?"
"...yes." Fay's reply grew less confident when realizing her mistake.
"You're an idiot."
"I'm sorr-"
"Shut up, I know you are." Olivia stated with a hint of annoyance in her voice. "Lets just start walking before you die of dehydration. Because so help me, if I have to get you drunk to keep you hydrated. I'm pretty sure we'll both be dead by the end of the hour. Lets go."

Pulling out her hunting knife and coaxing her sister to follow, Olivia began leading the way in some general direction, and prayed for some for of civilization nearby. Hopefully, a civilization that sold *******.
Shadowkirby

Apprentice
Apprentice

usa
Amanitha got on to her feet and slowly wander to find anyone nearby. She looked up to the sky and sees the color of violet and lavender. She realizes that she's not on Earth anymore. To her, it looks like this world has multiple suns... strange looking suns. Suns that you don't see in the Science Channel these days. She shake the thought and calls out for any signs of life.

"Hello? Hello~? Hel-"

She covered her mouth and violently coughs; she can feel the stinging pain on her throat every time she coughs, it's never that often to cough so rough and violent. She stops coughing and looks at her hands; there's small sprinkles of blood on her palm and fingers with a bit of saliva mixed into it. She wipes off the blood on her gown and continues to call out for help.

"Hello? Anybody here!? Hello~? Is anyone out there?!?"

Her skin grows cold as she kept on walking, an occasional case of hypothermia by the bane that has grown within her. She rubs her arms for warmth, but recognize that she's only wearing a gown, and without warmth, she'll soon freeze to death by her own sickness. She calls out louder, hopefully loud enough to attract some kind of life-form on this strange world.

"H-hello!? A-a-an-yone!?!? H-h-help!! Someb-b-body he-h-hea-hear me!!!!"

Last edited by Shadowkirby on 10 Aug 2012 06:11:19; edited 1 time in total
Grandmaster Shaq

Master
Master

Admin

Location: Between Color and Noir, Right and Wrong, Life and Death
Interests: EVERYTHING

usa
Masque fell through the door, and was looking at an extremely unpleasant fall below. It looked to be quite high up, high enough to kill him on impact. Feeling energy surge within him, he held his hand to his face and formed his Wind Mask. Power surged to his fingertips, and he readied himself. As the ground grew closer and closer, Masque began to gather the power underneath himself. He had to time this perfectly, or he'd be in a bad situation.

With a well timed burst of wind, Masque managed to cushion his fall enough to avoid being crushed. He still knocked the air out of himself, and broke his mask in the process. "Well THAT could have been a show stopper. Too bad there's no audience here to see..." Masque brushed his hands through his hair, then looks at his surroundings. He noticed it was sandy, though not too far ahead things looked more like a scrapyard. Rusted metal was everywhere, and Masque couldn't see the ground. "I think I'd rather take my chances in the desert..." he said, and began to walk further into the sandy dunes. No more than ten paces in he felt something tugging inside of him. "AAAAUUGGGGHHH!"

A tearing pain burned through his veins as all of Masque's energy began to burn away. He closed his eyes tightly, forcing the tears to stay in. When the pain went away, he opened them and stood in shock. All of his normal masks were floating in the air, staring at him. His Fire Mask, his Water Mask, his Earth Mask, his Wind Mask, his Light Mask, his Dark Mask... It didn't make sense! How had he summoned them all, and why were they floating? He grabbed his Wind Mask, one of his favorites, and it seemed to disappear into his palm.

The other masks began to glow brightly. Spinning in a circle, the masks continued to glow until they were too bright to look at. Masque shielded his eyes, and watched as they disappeared in different directions. He could hear the impact of each one in the land, meaning either the sounds were loud or they were close. "Well... That was weird. Probably nothing to worry about though." Masque tried to summon his Fire Mask to create a distress flare, but it wouldn't come out. The energy wasn't there either. "Huh? It couldn't be..." Masque tried with all the other masks that had shot outward, and was dismayed to find that none of them would form. "This can't be happening! I only have one mask...?!" Masque began to panic slightly, then took a deep breath. He couldn't let his nerves get to him. Years of performing had taught him how to keep his emotions in check.

Making a Wind Mask, Masque began to slowly trek through the desert. He'd find his other masks, of that he was certain. But it would be difficult to do on his own. He'd need help, and that meant he'd need to find others. Hovering, he managed to move at a faster pace, but was unsteady because of the terrain. Masque had just managed to find a steady patch when he heard yelling in the distance. Female yelling. It may have been a single person, but someone was better than noone. Masque began to head towards where he heard the voice.

Last edited by Grandmaster Shaq on 10 Aug 2012 06:25:52; edited 2 times in total
Shadowkirby

Apprentice
Apprentice

usa
"Hello!? He-"

Amanita coughs and wheezes as she raises her voice. She's growing weary with every step she took and falls to her knees. She can feel her stomach churning, she can't stand her illness, and sooner or later, it's gonna kill her at the most vulnerable. Struggling to stand up, she feels something coming up and vomited in front of her. Her vomits splashes onto the red sand, just by looking at it makes her wanna throw up even more. She turns away from it and wraps her arms around her stomach, trying not to gaze or smell her ill bile. Cold, lost, and extremely sick, she took a few steps until she plummets to the ground.

"I.... *cough*... I can't go-*cough* go on..."

She struggles to stand, but due to her condition; her strength is low and her stamina is very fragile, she can only get onto her knees again.

"Is anyone out there!? Somebody? Anybody!?"

She starts to tear up, and regret that she would've never left the hospital that night.

"P-please!!!! Answer me!!! Is an-a-anyone out the-"

She coughs a lot harder, but this time she coughed up blood onto the red sand. She felt hopeless; there's no food, no plants, no signs of life around her. She's all alone in the desert, somewhere in this alternate universe that's far from her understanding.

Last edited by Shadowkirby on 10 Aug 2012 06:11:32; edited 1 time in total
Lancer

Expert
Expert

Interests: Animating Writing Theatre Music Composition

NULL
"...A dying girl..." Malark was standing a few hundred feet behind the girl as she screamed for help. "They sent her here...?" The girl continued to stumble along, completely oblivious to the other flashes of light shooting around her and Malark. It was 4 in total. "So, more than one this time..." Malark said to himself.
The girl fell on his knees.
"shit!" Malark instinctively ran toward the girl, worried for her health. He grabbed her shoulders as gently as he could. It felt funny. A stench of rot and dirt emanated from the girl. "Are you alright, girl?" Malark asked uneasily. Something about her unsettled him, maybe the pale skin, maybe all the blood, but most likely the blood.

Apprentice
Apprentice

usa
Feeling someone's hands on her shoulder quickly jumped her and stood back in fear.

"D-d-don't touch me!!!"

She sees a man, an Asian-looking man, standing steps away from Amanita. He looks like an archaeologist by the clothing, but what intrigued her was the gauntlet he's wearing. Shaking while standing, she fell back to her knees.

"W-w-wh-who are you? Are there more of you hear? Where am I-"

She then coughs violently as she couldn't finish her series of questions.

Last edited by Shadowkirby on 10 Aug 2012 06:11:44; edited 1 time in total
Anonymous

Corneas still searing form the flash that greeted his entry to the Clocktower, Randy North was horrendously stumbling as he clamped his eyes shut as tight as he physically could. Trying desperately to stabilize himself, he did all he could to reestablish his footing, but in only three more extremely awkward steps he feel face first into the dirt, hearing the familiar thuds of his quartz fists falling beside him.

"I just had to see what was on the other side," He chuckled to himself as the blinding darkness began to leave his vision while he curled into a ball, his legs to knees still flat on the ground before he stepped into more of an upright position. Craning his neck, he tried to scan the area for any recognizable sights, but seeing instead a rundown wasteland, his mouth gapes in disbelief. "...Where am I?" More confused than anything else, his eyes begin darting to find any form of life as his balls of quartz slowly float into his pockets. As luck would have it, a pair of silhouettes came into his view, but despite his squinting, was unable to make out any more details.

"Hey!" He calls to them, starting with a walk, but soon breaking into a job when he was sure his balance was fully recovered, "Hold up! Got any idea where we are?"

(I feel like we should turn off our sigs for this)
Spitfire

Part-Time Writer
Part-Time Writer

ireland
It took Nick a while to realize that the grass was red. He didn't think that grass would be red in the afterlife.

He felt the strength gathering back into his body when he picked up a large, odd-looking leaf which seemed to jut out of the ground like a lily-pad on a stem and wound it around the wound in his side like a tourniquet. He thought to himself that it couldn't possibly be poisonous.
It was the afterlife.

He gained his feet and surveyed the landscape.
It was far from normal. The red grass was only a hint of the wasteland, like a savanna of crimson blades.
He felt from his desert eagle, then for his knife. Content with his findings he stumbled on.

He felt a little woozy, possibly because of blood loss, but he figured he'd be OK, as he didn't think he could die.
Again.

A half-hour later he was walking through a rough patch of sand when he heard the echoing voice, slowly drifting through the warm air.
'P-Please answer me! IS ANYONE OUT THERE'
He stopped and stood for a few moments.
He thought he heard a faint swear after that.
He weighed his options and decided that he'd go and find them.
'Maybe they're lost' he said to himself as he walked towards the noise.

Lancer

Expert
Expert

NULL
Lamark took a small step back, heeding the girls concerns.
"It's okay, don't worry, and don't strain yourself. You'll be alright."
A small echo seemed to carry itself through the grass. While it came from one direction, the grass moved in the opposite direction. "My name is Malark." Malark started to look around, watching the red grass ripple to his horizon. "There are more people, new people, around. Can you walk? We need to follow the ripples running along the ground."

Master
Master

Interests: Animating, Writing, Trumpet.

usa
Hey! Hold up!

Olivia's ears pricked up at the sound of another voice, and whirled around to find its origin. She managed not to give the person she saw a blank stare when seeing he had no arms. Yes, because having no arms was somehow more important to her than the quartz balls that were floating beside the man. At the least, it was a person. She stopped walking and contemplated downing the entire bottle of vodka in her hand. Maybe she'd pass out and her sister would somehow end up taking them somewhere that wasn't as god awful. For now, she only took a rather large swig of the drink, feeling it burn in her throat before settling heavily in her stomach.

"Who are you?" She called back, before outstretching her arms to emphasize her next question. "Where the hell are we?"

The second Fay had been able to get a closer look at the figure dashing towards them, she let out a yelp and sought to her sister for safety. "What's wrong with that man's arms? Did they get cut off? Who cut them off? I've never seen someone without arms! Do you think he's bleeding? Why are those rocks floating beside him? How do I deal with this?!"

"Fay?"
"Yeah...?"
"Shut up before I have to taze you."
"...okay."

So, as the male figure grew closer, Fay merely hid behind her sister and let out a few mewling whimpers. In both fear, and confusion. Olivia tried to push past the man's deformities and be grateful that at the least, they weren't alone. Finally, Olivia addressed one more question on her mind, "If you live here, then more power to you. But, you wouldn't happen to know how to get out, would you?"

Last edited by Kyra on 10 Aug 2012 17:38:08; edited 1 time in total
Grandmaster Shaq

Master
Master

Admin

Location: Between Color and Noir, Right and Wrong, Life and Death
Interests: EVERYTHING

usa
By this point, Masque can hear voices in two directions now. Both ends seemed to have rational people, but he couldn't overlook the fact that he walked through a strange door with a cog on it in his dressing room and fell from the sky. Things like that make you pretty cautious. He had to approach this situation carefully, especially if he wanted to get his masks back and return to full strength. Breaking his current mask, he landed on the sand out of his hover and called out loudly for all to hear.

"Hello! If anyone can hear me, please let me know if you're alright and if you've seen or heard any weird lights and explosions!" Though he'd given away his position, from this high in the dunes Masque could see anyone coming. He was betting though, that they'd be as cautious as he was, and yell back rather than come to him. That would give him a chance to determine which direction was best to go.
Lancer

Expert
Expert

NULL
Lamark heard the man's plea of weird light and explosions. "Stay here for a second" Lamark told the girl. He ran a few feet away from her, at the direction the grass rippled.
"We have a sick person over here!" He bellowed as loud as he could. "As for weird lights..." He mumbled, clenching his gauntlet as he focused his willpower and thoughts on producing energy. Malark unleashed a bellowing crash of purple lightning from his right hand, pushing back the grass from where he was standing. It extended over 50 feet upwards, creating unstable arcs everywhere. If someone were to attack, Malark was certain he could fight them off.
He couldn't move with a sick person next to him, anyways. The only way to attract attention, hostile or not, was to give away his position.
Malark jogged back back to the girl. "Don't worry, I'm sure someone will be here soon. Now, what's your name?"

Part-Time Writer
Part-Time Writer

ireland
'Holy SHIT'
Nick watched as the massive purple lightning slashed into the air like a knife, cutting through the sky.
It seemed to be quite far away, a hefty distance, and he wondered what had happened, but he figured that it was the same placed the screams had come from.
He felt compelled to continue in that direction. After a few moments of contemplation, he decided he would.

The Clocktower - Eclipse I