Rock Hard Writers Forum Index

Rock Hard Writers
Here is where writers of any caliber put their heart in their words.
Portal  |  Blog  |  Album  |  Guestbook  |  FlashChat  |  Statistics  |  Links  |  Calendar  |   Downloads  |   Comments to your karma  |  Toplist  |  Recent topics  |  Voting forum

Age of Battle: Dreams of Death RPG Zone
Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rock Hard Writers Forum Index -> Role Playing Zone

Anonymous

Being used to early mornings, Nevaki was able to wake up before dawn with ease. After first getting dressed in his leather armor and arming himself, he paced to his kitchen, where he had already prepared breakfast and packed food and drink for the journey ahead. Not wanting to waste any time, Nevaki chose not to sit down to eat, but rather tossed his rations over his shoulder, consuming his fruit as he departed his home.

Even though he didn't keep track of time as he strode to the Harada, he knew it was still before dawn, so he didn't mind that Medea had beaten him there. If he was still on time, early in fact, he didn't care who showed up first. "I take it you couldn't find another mercenary?" He inquired, noting she was alone, animals aside, as he continued his stride.
Adv

Zenevas

Apprentice
Apprentice

Interests: Fantasy

philippines
(To Kyra)
"As a matter of fact, I've been looking into the castle since...it happened." Nathrim said as he took out a stack of paper and maps. He handed Yllathyra an illustration of the ruin: half the castle was sunk into the side of a thickly overgrown hill. The tops of the towers were broken and the walls were covered by thorns. "The keep used to be the stronghold of Lord Winterbone, a great warrior, two hundred years ago. However, he supposedly turned to necromancy to extend his life and the King at the time, King Berenol, lay waste to Bloodstone when the undead knight crafted the Womb of Unliving Flesh, a artifact that could create undead servitors. But the keep is empty now, except for the ghouls." He turned to Breonna, "Surely both of us could handle a pack of ghouls, right?" He shifted his pack, revealing a mahogany bow and a quiver of arrows.
"Shall we go?" he asked, already mounting his horse.

(To Crank)
Medea eyed him crossly, "No, I was discussing terms with three fine looking mercenaries last night, but at the mention of Castle Bloodstone, they got cold feet." She assessed Nevaki, "I should warn you, the Castle is more dangerous than I previously thought. I studied the attack patterns of the ghouls that live there, and they're not the bestial patterns ghouls follow. They're coordinated. Whatever is causing the ghouls to do this is both dangerous and powerful." She shrugged and tossed her hair back. "I'm not too worried though. As I said, two people can do this mission. But that begs the question: Are you still with me?"
Kyra

Master
Master

Interests: Animating, Writing, Trumpet.

usa
Mounting her own horse as Yllathyra handed Breonna the illustration, the elder sister waited until her younger sister melted into the ground and was now Breonna's shadow. Breonna turned her head to face Nathrim as her shadow followed, and she managed a weak smile. "Yes, let us get going."

With that Breonna slapped the reins against her horse and began taking off, awaiting Nathrim to lead the way to the castle.

"It's the loneliest feeling in the world - to find yourself standing up when everyone else is sitting down. To have everybody look at you and say 'What's wrong with her?' I know what it feels like. Walking down an empty street, listening to the sound of your own footsteps. Shutters closed, blinds drawn, doors locked against you. And you aren't sure whether you're walking toward something, or if you're just walking away."

wRHG Character Kyra:
Only registered users can see links on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!

DeviantART:
Necrothing

Expert
Expert

Interests: I like trains.

portugal
The dwarf slowly paced inside the building, still looking at the woman, who was even stranger than he first thought. "What on earth is this?! They said she was crazy but this is just damn disturbing!" he thought, while trying to keep his food inside at the sight of floating eyeballs hanging from her hair. "I got a note to deliver to cra... I mean, Tabetha." Dewregar was able to swallow his words at the right time, not wanting to make this weird situation even weirder, "I suppose that would be ye?"

Apprentice
Apprentice

philippines
(To Kyra)

Nathrim galloped onward, his cloak flowing behind him. The morning air was still chilly but the sun already broke the horizon. The three travelers were now in a wooded stretch of road, thick shrubs obscuring both side of the road. Suddenly a hulking creature burst through the foliage. It looked like a massive six-legged lizard, over fourteen feet long. Its gaping maw stretched wide, filled with dagger sized teeth. A noxious fume seemed to come from it. Its eyes were a poisonous green, with malign intelligence glinting in it.
(As a mage, Breonna knows what this creature is: Basilisk, a six-legged lizard with poisonous breath and petrifying gaze.)

(To Necrothing)
Tabetha nodded vigorously, the various implements in her hair tinkling. "What business do you have with me?" she asked while arranging several jars and wrapped packages on the table.
Kyra

Master
Master

usa
Breonna was on high alert even before the Basilisk came into view. But seeing the thing, Breonna immedately stepped into action. She leaped off her horse as her shadow parted from its owner and made its way behind the creature. As Breonna adverted her eyes and used her telekinisis to attract the lizard's attention, Yllathyra materialized behind the creature and found a sharp rock in the foilage around them. Once Breonna had thrown a few pebbles at it, to keep its breath from her sister, Yllathra drew back her arm and drove the rock into the Basilisk's neck, holding her breath as she did so.

"It's the loneliest feeling in the world - to find yourself standing up when everyone else is sitting down. To have everybody look at you and say 'What's wrong with her?' I know what it feels like. Walking down an empty street, listening to the sound of your own footsteps. Shutters closed, blinds drawn, doors locked against you. And you aren't sure whether you're walking toward something, or if you're just walking away."

wRHG Character Kyra:

DeviantART:
Zenevas

Apprentice
Apprentice

philippines
The basilisk roared in pai n and twisted to snap at the shadow-girl. Its lashing tail swiped the trees, snapping a tall oak. The tree creaked and began to fall, separating Yllathyra from Nathrim and Breonna. The basilisk snapped at her, its eyes beginning to glow as it mustered the power of its gaze. Nathrim leaped from his horse and nocked an arrow into is bow. "Clear the tree!" he yelled as he dashed to the side. "I'm going to try to blind it!"
Kyra

Master
Master

usa
Knowing there wasn't even time to call out to her sister, Breonna wasted no time as she lowered her arms and took a few deep breaths, slowly raising the tree as well as her arms. She cringed a bit in the struggle given this particular tree's weight, feeling the heavy pressure on her chest she usually got from lifting large things like this. Her head started throbbing and as she let out a small cry to help her exhale properlly, the tree was eventually high enough for Nathrim to shoot.
Meanwhile, Yllathyra wasn't able to look away from the six legged reptile until it was too late. She stopped backing away, now frozen in fear. Her nonexistant eyes grew wide as the shadow girl began to shake.

"Shoot!" Breonna wheezed, feeling something warm now trickling down her chin. Probably sweat, she wasn't in the best situation to be checking anyway.

wRHG Character Kyra:

DeviantART:
Zenevas

Apprentice
Apprentice

philippines
Nathrim fired his arrow and though the projectile failed to hit the beast's eyes, it tore through the basilisk's jaws. The creature roared in pain and jumped over the tree and at Nathrim, its hind legs kicking Yllathrya, sending her flying through the air. Nathrim yelled and fell backwards as the basilisk leaped at him, its ruined mouth gaping wide.
Kyra

Master
Master

usa
Yllathyra went soaring, but was finally broken from the lizard's gaze. After she hit the ground, she began to collect herself so she could help Nathrim.
After the arrow fired, Breonna let out a short groan as she had to keep the tree up so her sister could get through. Once Yllathria did scramble under the tree with her rock, Breonna dropped her arms with a grunt of relief, a steady pour of blood trickling from her nose and down her chin.
Yllathyra would have normally asked her sister for help, but in her current state, Breonna couldn't do much more without rest. The shadow girl gripped the rock in her hand and made her way to the Basilisk, finally bringing the rock down into its skull.
Zenevas

Apprentice
Apprentice

philippines
The basilisk exhaled its noxious cloud as it reared back, the stone digging into its back. The lizard turned, scuttling on its six legs to blast the full petrifying power of its gaze at Yllathyra. Leaves turned to stone as the energy swept from those vile orbs. Nathrim had jumped back the moment the basilisk had turned from him, but he barely got to his knees, for he had inhaled some of the dreaded breath. Staggering, he let fly another arrow from his bow, pinning one of the lizard's legs to the ground.
Kyra

Master
Master

usa
Yllathyra was frozen in terror once again, and now Nathrim was most likely poisoned. Breonna composed herself at last and lowered her arms once again. More blood gushed from her nose as she raised her arms and began to lift the beast itself, breaking it free of the arrow in its leg followed by lifting half of the oak tree. She shut her eyes as the burning sensation in her skull began to scrape away at her conciousness. In a last ditch effort to save the group, she lowered the lizard underneath the tree then let both go, crushing the Basilisk with the oak tree before blacking out.
Zenevas

Apprentice
Apprentice

philippines
The basilisk screeched once and was quieted as the massive oak crushed its skull, the pressure popping the baleful eyes from its head. They rolled and stopped at Nathrim's foot. The man coughed once and staggered to his feet. He gathered the horses, still dizzy from the poison, and took a water skein. He ambled to Breonna and splashed her face with cold water and dribbled some of it into her mouth. Then he looked for her sister, kicking the corpse of the lizard as he searched for her.
Kyra

Master
Master

usa
A few moments later, the little shadow girl materialized into her solid form and looked over at Nathrim, showing him she was here before rushing to Breonna's side. The little one kneeled beside her elder sister and wearily shook her, growing more concerned as she received no reaction. It was a few minutes before Breonna woke up, wiping the blood off her face and scanning the forest. As soon as Nathrim came into view, Yllathyra helped Breonna to her feet as she approached her 'client'.

"Are you okay?" She tiredly asked, panting a few times before regaining her breath. "Should we head back to town for an antidote?"

wRHG Character Kyra:

DeviantART:
Zenevas

Apprentice
Apprentice

philippines
Nathrim shook his head, leaning on his mare. "I'm sure it will dissipate. I didn't actually breathed in a lot of the stuff. We should continue. I'm fine." He drunk more water before clambering on his horse. "Those basilisk eyes could be worth something. I heard they could be used to make potions and what-not." he said, indicating the baleful orbs.

(Kyra, I am giving you permission to think up a potion or spell that could be created using the eyes. The resulting potion or spell can be used once.)

Age of Battle: Dreams of Death RPG Zone