Rock Hard Writers Forum Index

Rock Hard Writers
Here is where writers of any caliber put their heart in their words.
Portal  |  Blog  |  Album  |  Guestbook  |  FlashChat  |  Statistics  |  Links  |  Calendar  |   Downloads  |   Comments to your karma  |  Toplist  |  Recent topics  |  Voting forum

The Clocktower - Eclipse I
Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rock Hard Writers Forum Index -> Role Playing Zone

Shadowkirby

Apprentice
Apprentice

usa
"My name's Amanita. C-can you please explain where am I? What's go-"

She covered her mouth and violently coughed. At least there's someone in this world that could help her, including that he might have seen some more people. She guesses they've heard her call, she's going to be saved and hopefully she can get out of this alternate reality.

She struggles to stand, but she doesn't have enough strength to lift herself up. She got up half-way and hold her arms; the hypothermia symptom hasn't vanished yet, and her vision is beginning to blur. To her it feels like she's about to pass out, but this sickness is still a mystery to her.

"How... do you know that there's m-more people coming?"
Adv

Lancer

Expert
Expert

Interests: Animating Writing Theatre Music Composition

NULL
"Did you see the lights in the sky?" Malark asked. "That's just what you looked like from far away, shooting down into the fields. They got here at the same time as you did. They will be just as confused as you are."
Malark bent down and nipped a blade of red grass, which immediately grew back as he handed it to Amanita. "As for me, I've been here for a long time. You're in a different realm, basically. Now take this and nibble it. It will help you, but don't ingest too quickly or you'll go mad." He explained, putting it in her hand.
"The arc I just shot out should attract someone...." Malark responded calmly. "If no one comes in time, then I'll bring you to my place, and we can talk."

Last edited by Lancer on 10 Aug 2012 21:09:16; edited 1 time in total

"My name's Randy North," The armless man answered with a smile when he was finally in speaking distance of the sisters. "And I'm sorry, but I've got the exact same questions as you. Well, maybe not all the same questions!" Gradually, the balls drifted down into his camouflage cargo pants pockets as he turned a kind gaze on the younger of the two. "I was born without them, but I've learned to deal with it, and I'm pretty sure I'm not bleeding. Honestly, I'm just gla-" The sudden crash lightning cut off his word, and whirling around, he was still able to glimpse some of its purple arcs.

"...What was that?"
Kyra

Master
Master

Interests: Animating, Writing, Trumpet.

usa
Olivia nodded, but seemed rather disappointed with the answer she was given. "That's just great. Now we've added a quadriplegic to our group of confused travelers. What ne-"

Olivia flinched and Fay screamed as they spotted numerous violet arcs stretch across the sky, several crackling noises from cutting through the air followed. Olivia gave the sky a blank stare before taking another, much longer, swig of her vodka. "I better not have been the only person who saw that, because I swear to god, I'm not THAT drunk yet!"

What was that?

"Well, seeing as though we don't even know where we are, we probably aren't going to be able to answer that for you, mister." Olivia stated arrogantly, looking behind her and shoving Fay away from the precious cover of her sister's back. The young blonde stood frozen in place, besides the occasional tremor once she had nothing to hide behind. Olivia rolled her eyes. "Well, whatever it was. It's better then walking around in the god-forsaken NOTHING of THIS place. I say we follow it."

Fay, despite her shy nature, spoke up in objection to her sister's idea. "But we don't know how that got there, and we don't know if the people there are dangerous, and we don't know if we'll get hurt by the lightning, and we don't know anything about this place, and I don't know how to deal with thi-!!"

"FAY!"

Instead of letting out a yelp in surprise and covering her face like Olivia expected. The young blonde suddenly froze, her gaze to the ground as she began mumbling. Olivia gave her sister a look of bewilderment before smacking her forehead with her bottle of booze. "Why me...?"
Stealing a very agitated look towards her sister. Olivia took a few steps towards Fay and grabbed her by her right arm, half dragging and half leading her towards the source of the light. Not really caring either way if this 'North' guy followed.

"It's the loneliest feeling in the world - to find yourself standing up when everyone else is sitting down. To have everybody look at you and say 'What's wrong with her?' I know what it feels like. Walking down an empty street, listening to the sound of your own footsteps. Shutters closed, blinds drawn, doors locked against you. And you aren't sure whether you're walking toward something, or if you're just walking away."

wRHG Character Kyra:
Only registered users can see links on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!

DeviantART:
Lancer

Expert
Expert

NULL
"How are you feeling, Amanita? Better?" Malark asked. At this point he was just sitting casually on the grass, feeling the wind blow softly across his face. His mind began to wander, watching the undulating ripples of the grass.

Apprentice
Apprentice

usa
"I feel... a little better... which is surprising since back at the hospital, every treatment they give me never works. How do you know this blade of grass can help me?"

Amanita stared at Malark, waiting for an answer from him. It seems mysterious that he knows the effects of the grass she ate. She started to think that he might've lived here for a while. She brushed her short hair back as the wind is blowing her hair in front of her face.

She looks at Malark's gauntlet; seeing him using it as some sort of beacon recognize him as some sort of a resident in this world. She looks up to the sky and wonder if it's even a sky; its patterns seems very unorthodox from what she use to see back on Earth. Weird looking suns, purple lightning, red grass, gears, and other various compartments worries her; she doesn't know if all this is even a dream or a reality. She looks back at Malark and asked in curiosity,

"Malark, am I... dreaming?"
Grandmaster Shaq

Master
Master

Admin

Location: Between Color and Noir, Right and Wrong, Life and Death
Interests: EVERYTHING

usa
Masque (after a moment's contemplation), made his way towards the lightning. He figured his chances of getting things figured out were better when wit a guy who could shoot lightning apparently. The distance wasn't very far, and he saw a man standing next to a very sickly looking girl. They looked in the middle of conversation.

"Sorry to interrupt, but I assume one of you sent up that lightning just now. I'm hoping that you could give me a helping hand, because I'm kind of in a pickle here..."
Shadowkirby

Apprentice
Apprentice

usa
Amanita turns to see an African-American speaking out to her and Malark; he's dressed in a shirt with a thin vest on. he's not wearing any shoes, only some kind of foot wraps. She asked him for his name, hoping that all this is just an illusion, a mirage of some sort that can relate to her hallucination.

"Who are you?"

She wait for his response as she coughs violently again.

Spitfire

Part-Time Writer
Part-Time Writer

ireland
One. Two...Three?
A woman and two men, the second had just walked over from the opposite side, were all conversing.
Well he couldn't except to be dead and alone.
Nick smiled and walked over to them. It didn't take long before they noticed him.
'Hey...So you're all dead too, huh?'

Grandmaster Shaq

Master
Master

Admin

Location: Between Color and Noir, Right and Wrong, Life and Death
Interests: EVERYTHING

usa
"Call me Masque, and I'm more inclined to believe we're not dead. I know for a fact I'm not, and this hunk here seems extremely alive at the moment. Even this cute girl here seems alive, though we should get her checked on." Masque proceeded to shake hands with the two men, though was a bit less enthused about touching the girl. He did NOT want to get sick in a weird world.

"Now, I have to ask again, has anyone seen any weird lights or heard weird explosions? Some things of mine disappeared, and I really need to find them. We're kind of... connected."
Spitfire

Part-Time Writer
Part-Time Writer

ireland
Nick smiled. He wondered why someone would go lucking for masks in the afterlife. The girl seemed sick, she'd probably died of her illness, but the fellow with the...metal hand....seemed too alive and healthy for Nick's liking. So did the masked man who had described himself as "Masque".

He didn't know any of them, but he felt inclined to aid them, seeming as they'd more than likely bring him to civilization.

He decided that he wouldn't use Nick Joyce. Some of them may recognize the name.
To them, he was Officer Shane Roberts.
He wasn't the smartest Serial Killer for nothing.

Shadowkirby

Apprentice
Apprentice

usa
"I'm not dead, well.... at least, not yet..."

Amanita looks down sorrowfully, not bothering to look at the others.

It's not a dream... it's real... I feel so lost...,she thought.

She rubs her shoulder for warmth due to her hypothermia. The winds are making her even colder due to not wearing anything but her gown. She starts to regret on leaving the hospital, but if she stayed there, she would've died by some accidental procedure caused by the surgeons and physicians there.
Anonymous

"Why don't you ease up on Fay," Randy questioned, a slight pang of authority ringing through his words despite speaking as thought it was a request, "She has every right to be afraid and to question her surroundings. Fear of the unknown in natural, you shouldn't look down on her because of it." After stepping in sync with Olivia but beside Fay, he added, "And although it's probably implied, my question was more of a force of habit. Here's a real one though. I've overheard her name-" He gestured to Fay by slightly jerking his neck to her, "-a few times, but," Gradually, he brought his gaze to the other woman, "Who are you?"
Lancer

Expert
Expert

NULL
"Oh. I was the one who shot the lightning," Malark returned from his daydreaming. "Well, if you want to call it that."
Turning to Amanita, he said, "The blades of grass here help revitalize people who suffer wounds. Legend says that armies, after fighting in bloody battles, wander here, letting their blood stain the grass we're standing on. Taking one blade of grass can close wounds and restore blood to the body, granted the damage isn't permanent. They're also anti-toxin weapons. They work on almost all poisons. The only bad part is that if you eat more than one blade every week, you'll most likely go insane."
A few others have quickly joined up.
"Hello, everyone. We should probably introduce ourselves and give a fun fact. My name is Malark. Here's my fun fact: No you aren't dreaming, you're in an alternate dimension. This isn't the afterlife, and it's called the clocktower. I've been here 20 years, in your time, that's 40."

Master
Master

Interests: Animating, Writing, Trumpet.

usa
"It's Olivia, what's it to you?" She retorted, still rather agitated about this entire situation. She slipped the glass vodka bottle into her mouth and drank for a moment before letting her arm slack back down to her side, she let out a satisfied sigh. "I'll probably forget your name by the end of the day, anyways."

Still dragging her sister behind her, Olivia's eyes widened when seeing three...no wait, it was four now. Three men, and some woman. Getting closer, Olivia raised an eyebrow at each person, all of them seeming to have some deformity. One of them looked like he'd been in a bar fight, one had a mask on, one had a metal gauntlet on his arm, and the woman... "Geez, you look like shit." Olivia cringed, before turning to the beaten and wounded man. "You're not too far behind either. Where the hell did all of you come from?"

Suddenly, Fay snapped out of her hypnotic state at the sight of all of the strangers in front of her. Her face grew a sickly pale and she stumbled back a few steps, almost falling over. She appeared to be in some sort of 'half conscious' state however. But the mumbling was much more frantic.

"Allthepeopleherearehurtandthey'rewearingstrangethingsandwedon'tknowwhereweareandwe'reallgonnadieouthere-!!" (All the people here are hurt and they're wearing strange things and we don't know where we are and we're all gonna die out here-)

"FAY!!"

At that, Fay snapped her head back to the ground and continued her mindless soft mumbling. Olivia slowly shook her head and proceeded to down her bottle. "Fucking bitch never shuts up..." She hissed to herself before turning to the others, awaiting some form of reply or communication.

"It's the loneliest feeling in the world - to find yourself standing up when everyone else is sitting down. To have everybody look at you and say 'What's wrong with her?' I know what it feels like. Walking down an empty street, listening to the sound of your own footsteps. Shutters closed, blinds drawn, doors locked against you. And you aren't sure whether you're walking toward something, or if you're just walking away."

wRHG Character Kyra:

DeviantART:

The Clocktower - Eclipse I