Rock Hard Writers Forum Index

Rock Hard Writers
Here is where writers of any caliber put their heart in their words.
Portal  |  Blog  |  Album  |  Guestbook  |  FlashChat  |  Statistics  |  Links  |  Calendar  |   Downloads  |   Comments to your karma  |  Toplist  |  Recent topics  |  Voting forum

Age of Battle: Dreams of Death RPG Zone
Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Rock Hard Writers Forum Index -> Role Playing Zone

Zenevas

Apprentice
Apprentice

Interests: Fantasy

philippines
AGE OF BATTLE: DREAMS OF DEATH

Night was falling on the city of Baardos, the sun sinking into the ocean. In some parts of the city, people were readying for sleep, finishing their dinners or were already relaxing. But in Market Harada, noise was everywhere, in the market itself and in the inns that lined the square. The noisiest of them all was the Inn of the Dancing Horse.

Inside the five-story inns famous barroom, a buxom maiden sang on a wooden stage, accompanied by three musicians. Lisette, the proprietor of the Inn, was behind the bar,serving ales and tonics to the various guests. Dancing couples crowded around the stage. In the Dancing Horse, people forgot their troubles quickly. But sometimes, trouble followed one into the Inn.

In a corner table, three men in rich cloaks were whispering angrily at a raven-haired woman in a simple green dress. At the bar, a young man wept piteously, surrounded by a dozen empty bottles of Lisette's famous honey-and-pepper mead, clutching a worn sketch of a young woman to his chest. A soldier, eyes wide from either fear or disbelief, stared at nothing from his table, his wine glass still full. It was going to be a busy night.
Adv

Kyra

Master
Master

Interests: Animating, Writing, Trumpet.

usa
Breonna entered the inn, despite having no money to spend on a room, or rum. She tried not to make herself known as she found a place near the wooden furnace that provided heat into the what could have been, chilled room. Her sister however, had other plans. For those who were sober enough to take notice, they would have taken note of Breonna's shadow, which parted from its owner, but did not stray far. The two made a rule to be at least 20 feet from each other at all times for good measure. But as the shadow paced the walls of the bar, it appeared she didn't mind making herself known, from listening in on a group of rich mens' conversation, and eventually materializing from the floor to take a closer look at the picture an obviously depressed drunk was cradling close to his heart. When seeing the woman on the picture, the shadow girl cocked her head. She was only around 12 years old when she died, so she didn't think to leave the man alone, especially after all of the loss her and her own sister went through.

With no hesitation, the concerned shadow girl placed her index finger on the crying man's shoulder and poked it a few times to get his attention, completely oblivious to the fact that she almost didn't look human anymore in her shadow form.

"Who is that woman? Is she in trouble?"

"It's the loneliest feeling in the world - to find yourself standing up when everyone else is sitting down. To have everybody look at you and say 'What's wrong with her?' I know what it feels like. Walking down an empty street, listening to the sound of your own footsteps. Shutters closed, blinds drawn, doors locked against you. And you aren't sure whether you're walking toward something, or if you're just walking away."

wRHG Character Kyra:
Only registered users can see links on this board!
Get registred or enter the forums!

DeviantART:
Necrothing

Expert
Expert

Interests: I like trains.

portugal
"You stay put Barnaby" Dewregar said, as he tied his mount outside of the inn, "I'll be right back."

Even before entering the inn, it was obvious the place was crowded. As Dewregar passed the wooden door he could see all the commotion he heard from outside, "This ought to be a fun night.". He made his way to the bar, though the larger folks made it difficult to navigate through, he eventually got up to the counter. "Excuse me, miss? Hey, down here!". Trying to get a pinch of ale was harder here than it was back in his homeland, though enough shouting did the trick. The bartender turned her head to the dwarf and asked what he would like. "Thank you, I'd like some ale if'n ye please." he said, as he reached into his pocket and grabbed some coins, handing them to the woman.

After getting a glass of ale, and another one, and another.. well after the fifth glass he decided to call it a day and head upstairs to catch some sleep, unfortunately he forgot to rent a room. As he was clumsily making his way up the stairs, he saw someone below shouting at him, but he thought it was just some drunk so he continued. After reaching the door, the same person as before grabbed the knob before he did, that made him angry. "Ye tryin' to mess with me? I'll warn ya, ye messin' with the wrong dwarf here." he said to the man, as he got into a somewhat-battle stance. Through the the incoherent mumblings of the man he was able to pick a few words up, 'You haven't rent a room'.
After hearing this, not only did he get more calm, he also started laughing. "Dang, sorry about that, here take these and get them to that nice lady downstairs will ye?" Dewregar said, as he took out of his pocket a large amount of coins, of which most fell on the floor. The man quickly picked the coins up and returned downstairs, saying something in the way the dwarf didn't understand. Dewregar could finally enter his room and have some sleep.

Apprentice
Apprentice

philippines
The man looked up blearily from his empty bottles, the sketch still pressed to his chest. "She is my wife," he half-sobbed, half cried. He handed Breonna the sketch, showing a smiling lovely woman with long curly hair. He threw a handful of gold pieces at the bar. "A week ago, we decided to leave our house up north, and live here in the city. We packed, sold the things we couldn't carry in our wagon and traveled. Along the way, we were attacked by ghouls, a pack of the horrible things. We tried to outrun them in the wagon but my wife fell off and she was dragged off by the monsters." He suddenly wailed, and Lisette came to him with another bottle of mead. "There, there Nathrim. This one's on the house."

Nathrim wiped his face and turned to Breonna, "If someone could go back there with me and try to find her, maybe I can save her. But no one would go, not even the soldiers.They say its pointless." He sobbed again and downed the bottle.

(As Breonna is a mage, she has access to the following info: Ghoul: a type of undead that has a paralyzing bite, speed and bestial intelligence.)
Kyra

Master
Master

usa
(As a note, Breonna's sister's name is Yllathyra)

Breonna's ears pricked up at the heartwrentching story being told by the bar, she stood from her warm place near the furnace and joined her shadow sister. The two exchanged some glances and eventually, the younger stuck out a black tounge and returned back to her normal place on the floor, as her eldest sister's shadow once more. Breonna turned back to the man. "You will have to excuse my sister. She's never been good about keeping out of other people's buisness...but I'd be willing to help you. I know of the ghouls you speak of. Let's just say they didn't exactly make a great first impression on me when I first saw them."

With a small sigh, she continued. "But I've come to this place with nothing but the clothes on my back. I will need food and a place to stay tonight so we may rest and leave at dawn."
Zenevas

Apprentice
Apprentice

philippines
(To Kyra:)

Nathrim perked up at the proposal. "Oh thank you! Thank you! I don't have much money, but I can give you thirty gold pieces right now, enough for a large dinner and a suite with plenty to spare and I have something else." He fished something out of his pocket. It was large jeweled ring. "I found this about half a year ago, in the woods near our old home. I bet it could be magical. Thank you! I'll meet you at the gates at dawn." With that he stood up and left.

(To Necrothing:)

To Dewregar's surprise, the room was already occupied. An elf with a broadsword etched with some sort of writing was scribbling in a large bound book. He looked up and smirked at the inebriated dwarf. "Why am I not surprised to encounter a drunk dwarf?" He stood up and hefted the sword, "Since you probably have enough ale in you to stagger a bull, I'll say this simply: Kindly step out of my room or be carried out."
Necrothing

Expert
Expert

portugal
Dewregar couldn't make sense of what was going on, all he saw was a large figure holding a sword in front of him, and worst of all, in his room. "What's goin' on in here? What are ye doin' in me room?" the dwarf asked. The figure spoke something, but Dewregar was too drunk to understand most of it, though he did understand the gist of what he meant.

"Your room?! Are ye drunk?" he replied, "Ye better get out, before I.. I.." he reached over to his hip looking for his sword, unfortunately it wasn't there. "Blast it, I think I left it with Barnaby" Dewregar mumbled, before looking back at the figure. He wasn't going to fight someone armed without a sword, though he wasn't going to give up his room either. "Look, I'm sure we can work sometin' out, now can't we?"

Apprentice
Apprentice

philippines
The elf sheathed the weapon and tapped a slim finger to his lips. "Tell you what,"he sad finally,"If you do me a small favor tomorrow,I'll let you have the room. All you have to do is give this to Crazy Tabetha. She'll tell you the rest." He handed Dewregar a slip of paper with elvish script all over it. "See you,if we are fated to meet again.The name's Lorcas, Lorcas Dawnstar." With that he left the room.
Necrothing

Expert
Expert

portugal
The elf made his conditions clear, and left Dewregar standing there with a paper. "Seems like a whole lot'a work for a simple room, but at least it'll gimme sometin' to do" he thought.

He threw the paper onto a short table, the note was covered with strange writings he couldn't understand, but he decided to forget about that for now. He took his shoulder plate and boots off and laid on the bed. "Let's hope "Crazy Tabetha" is just some silly nickname" he thought, as he fell asleep.

Master
Master

usa
Breonna felt a smile come over her face as the Nathrim left the bar, eager to save his beloved. She looked at the thirty gold that was handed to her, then the ring. When hearing that it may have magical properties, she wearily slipped it on, examining the jewel in the center. Yllathyra emerged behind her sister as her shadow form once again and attempted to poke the jewel, but Breonna recoiled her hand before the child could do so. "Oh no, I'm not letting you break this one too."
"Hmph." The shadow girl grumbled as she stuck her tongue out once again then merged with the wall and became her sister's flat form.

After a pint of ale, Breonna purchased her room then went to the market to pick up some day old bread and salted meat. She wanted to save as much of the money she was given as possible for something important later. So the two sisters ate (despite Yllathyra lacking a visible mouth) back at the bar, sitting in one of the tables closest to the warmth of the furnace. They had gone many cold nights without shelter and they were going to take advantage of the heat while they could.

"It's the loneliest feeling in the world - to find yourself standing up when everyone else is sitting down. To have everybody look at you and say 'What's wrong with her?' I know what it feels like. Walking down an empty street, listening to the sound of your own footsteps. Shutters closed, blinds drawn, doors locked against you. And you aren't sure whether you're walking toward something, or if you're just walking away."

wRHG Character Kyra:

DeviantART:
Anonymous

Hearing rumors of evil spirits and zombies roaming the ends of the earth, a living shadow did not make the best of impressions on Nevaki as he pushed the Inn door open. With great suspicion, his eyes scanned the rest of the bar, but much to his surprise spotted no one else who shared his lingering feeling. 'There has to be a reason for that...the girl the ghost's with perhaps,' he thought to himself. 'Maybe she controls it...but I can't ask bluntly. I'll need an excuse to get close.'

A drink proved to serve his needs as it turned out, and after paying for the ale, he joined the woman and the ghost she sat with. "I hope you don't mind me joining you," He smiled, "But I like sitting by the fire too." Slowly, he turned to the flames, to the purging light and devourer of darkness he saw them as. "It's comfy, ya know?"
Kyra

Master
Master

usa
The so called 'ghost' openly welcomed the new visitor with a wave despite Breonna's hesitation. But seeing the man already sitting with them, Breonna decided to just go with it. "Not at all...Yllathyra! Stop it!" She hissed at her sister, who was standing behind their new visitor mocking his every move almost flawlessly and laughing silently. The shadow child stuck her tongue out once again and began mocking her sister in a very contemptuous manner. "You get back on the floor right now before that tongue comes off, young lady!"

Yllathyra eventually crossed her arms and slipped her tongue back into her mouth before sinking into the floor, now taking Breonna's shape and flickering in the faint light of the furnace. Breonna sighed and turned to the new man. "You'll have to excuse my sister. She's been quite restless since-" Breonna hesitated in completing that sentence, but eventually realized there was no other way she could put it. "Since...she was put into my shad-OW! Yllathyra!" A shadow leg had appeared from the floor and kicked Breonna's seat before sinking back into the floor. Breonna covered her forehead with her hand and brought her head down to face the table. "...so what brings you here?"

wRHG Character Kyra:

DeviantART:
Anonymous

It took a solid ten seconds for Nevaki to establish that the 'ghost' was in fact the woman's shadow. "Huh?" He questioned as he suddenly snapped back into reality, but shook his head just as quickly as his subconscious recalled what was asked of him. "Oh, uh, rumors mostly," He responded, leaning back in his seat and scratching the back of his head. "I heard something about the dead rising, and I'm wondering if there could be any truth in it." Ordinarily, it would've been doubtful, but considering the sheer quantity of times he heard of it, he had to find out for certain.

"I take it that if there is any though," He added after a moment, looking directly at the woman, "That your sister's situation is merely coincidence, right?"
Kyra

Master
Master

usa
"Those aren't rumors, I've seen the undead with my own eyes..." Breonna started with a grim look appearing on her face. She kept her vision locked on the table as her 2-D shadow sister maintained her sister's form, only less tense and ridged. The elder however, continued talking. "I don't want to talk about it...but they are not a force to be trifled with...and they did have something to do with my sister becoming my shadow, but she is NOT one of those...mindless...things." Realizing her voice had grown cold and hard, Breonna pretended to clear her throat and took in a shallow breath.

"She's just like any other child...body or not, she still has her soul. And that is what makes a person who they are."

wRHG Character Kyra:

DeviantART:
Anonymous

'Not to self: She holds on to grudges. Pray you didn't kill anyone she knew.'

"I'm sorry to hear that," Nevaki informed the woman. Despite what she said and how she said it, the man didn't seem to have any sympathy for her in his tone, because honestly, he felt none. In general. "I guess it was a stupid thing to ask on my part, so I apologize for that too." After a slight pause to take a swig of his ale, he noted that the change in the woman's mood was likely his fault. If her mood could flip so fast at the topic of her sister's death, maybe it would revert just as quickly if he brought up her life.

"You said her name was, Yllathyra right," Nevaki asked, “What was she like before? She seemed to be in high spirits when I first sat down. Was she always like that?" Only after the fact did he catch his word choice, and he mentally swore at himself as a result of it.

Age of Battle: Dreams of Death RPG Zone